Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health (COSH), in collaboration with various medical associations, tobacco control organizations, academia and non-government organizations, launches a signatory campaign to gather the public support to urge the Government to totally ban electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and other new tobacco products, including heat-not-burn (HNB) tobacco products to safeguard public health. Timeline to ban smoking should also be formulated to achieve a smoke-free Hong Kong.
- E-cigarettes and other new tobacco products, including heat-not-burn (HNB) tobacco products are marketed as trendy products attracting non-smokers, particularly the youngsters to try.
- Some smokers may switch to these products instead of quitting smoking.
- Harmful chemicals were also found in e-cigarettes and other new tobacco products, bringing health risks to the public.
- No tobacco product is safe.
- Some countries have launched tobacco endgame to ban smoking.