9 journal articles written by our team on smoking cessation and tobacco control were accepted for publication in international peer-reviewed journals in 2022 (in alphabetical order of author list):
- Guo Z, Weng X, Lau AOS, Ng MCH, Wu YS, Lam TH, Wang MP. Workplace cessation support is associated with more abstinence in a workplace program in Hong Kong: A mixed-methods study. Tobacco Induced Diseases. 2022 Dec 23;20:114. doi: 10.18332/tid/156455.
- Luk TT, Cheung YTD, Chan HC, Fok PW, Ho KS, Sze CD, Lam TH, Wang MP. Mobile chat messaging for preventing smoking relapse: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Nicotine & Tobacco Research 2022;ntac045. doi: 1093/ntr/ntac045
- Sun Y, Wang MP, Cheung YTD, Ho SY, Luk TT, Zhao S, Wu YS, Wong BYM, Weng X, Chen J, Zhang X, Leung LT, Chak KY, Lam TH. Changes in tobacco use since the COVID-19 outbreak: results of four cross-sectional surveys in Hong Kong. Tobacco Induced Diseases 2022;20:26. doi: 10.18332/tid/145935
- Weng X, Lau OS, Ng CH, Li WHC, Lam TH, Wang MP. Effect of a workplace mobile phone-based instant messaging intervention on smoking cessation: a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Addiction. 2022;117(6):1758-1767. doi: 10.1111/add.15804
- Wu YS, Chan HL, Ho SY, Zhao S, Luk TT, Lam TH, Wang MP. Promotion of heated tobacco products in Hong Kong using Facebook: a content analysis. Health & Social Care in the Community 2022;30(6):e5685-e5692. doi: 10.1111/hsc.13997
- Wu YS, Cheung YTD, Ho SY, Tong HSC, Lai VWY, Lam TH, Wang MP. Perception of heated tobacco products and support for regulations: a cross-sectional study in Hong Kong. Tobacco Control. 2022 Nov 7:tobaccocontrol-2022-057401. doi: 10.1136/tc-2022-057401.
- Zhang X, Sun Y, Cheung YTD, Wang MP, Wu Y, Chak KY, Chen J, Leung LT, Li WHC, Lam TH, Ho SY. Changes in Tobacco Use in the Early Phase of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic in Hong Kong: A Qualitative Study. Nicotine & Tobacco Research 2022;ntac147. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntac147
- Zeng Y, Luk TT, Wu YS, Tong SCΗ, Lai WYV, Lam TH, Wang MP. Associations of changes in smoking-related practices with quit attempt and smoking consumption during the COVID-19 pandemic: A mixed-methods study. Tobacco Induced Diseases. 2022 Dec 23;20:20. doi: 10.18332/tid/156454
- Zhao SZ, Weng X, Luk TT, Wu Y, Cheung DYT, Li WHC, Tong H, Lai V, Lam TH, Wang MP. Adaptive interventions to optimise the mobile phone-based smoking cessation support: study protocol for a sequential, multiple assignment, randomised trial (SMART). Trials. 2022 Aug 18;23(1):681. doi: 10.1186/s13063-022-06502-7.